Sunday, October 23, 2011

Response to Barry

 My reply-
I agree with you about teachers not fully being able to explore the opportunities of marketing ourselves. If this would happen more often possible teachers & teaching would undergo a paramount shift. Possibly society would take education more seriously because they would see us sharing our expertise and knowledge. Imagine if celebrities included secondary and primary educators rather than athletes or movie stars simply because we were able to branch out and connect. The power that we possess has not fully been tapped into and I commend you on tapping into it. I hope all goes well with your presentation and wish you the best!

 Original Post

My plan is to present my Action Research Project to at the Spring CUE Conference, SJUSD Teach Workshops, and Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) trainings. I believe that teachers havent had the opportunity to explore the great benefit of creating a personal brand and marketing themselves through social media outlets. Extending the one’s perception of their power and status as a professional, teachers can benefit greatly when they market themselves and the knowledge and expertise that they posses. The Keynote can be found here. And the speaker’s notes can be found here.
My initial brainstorming can be found in this blog post (I only completed one of the “Think Out Louds”).

No comments:

Post a Comment